Lets unravel the concept a little:
It’s necessary when embarking on this project to ask ourselves a few questions to enable the plan to become reality.
- What are your reasons for introducing a handmade wardrobe into your life.
-Allergies and materials
-All items to work together
-Time available to dedicate to this project.
- What is your style?
- I really dislike the idea of clothes being made on the other side of the world including using child labour. I aim for providence and fair trade.what are your views around fashion and clothing?
- Materials: I prefer wool in winter/autumn and cotton/ wool for my summer wardrobe choices.
- Colour : what is your colour palette. Is it natural ( including browns, greys, black, ecru).Do you prefer cold colours, hot colours of the occasionally wild colour (neon?)
- What then is your wardrobe style? Is your style:minimalist, town, country, smart, casual?
- What is your skill set? Do you need to add to your toolkit?
- Fit: petite, standard, xxxlarge? What are your measurements?
We will explore this process more in detail but this week try to formulate your ideas about, size, style, fit, colour.
My personal options checklist :
-Measurement of my body
-Style: more country and casual
-Fit: like a bit of ease and stretchy
-Materials: preferably natural, organic and traceable
-Washing instructions: hand wash or machine washable
-Colour: my colour palette is black , grey as basic colour for winter and navy for spring and summer.
-Colour choices I am drawn to are purples,olive green, with pop of lime green, orange, red and fuchsia.
As a starting point why not explore answers to the above questions and in the next post we will break this project down.
For more inspiration and exploration: